Day 9, we add a new punch

Day 9, time to get my sweat on. Wow, the amount of sweat I can pour out in 45 minutes is fairly impressive. At least when I'm on the bike, the air or fan have evaporative effects on me so I'm not quite so drenched. I'm getting done here though and everything is soaked through. I guess they consider that level 10 effort. I've been sharing a bag the last two sessions with one of the long term FIT members and she's been complimentary of my effort and had to take to alternating punches with me in lieu of going at the same time since our punch strengths were too offset to balance out.

We added the uppercut today to our punches as well as doing our first combo of punching and kicking. Man, I was right back into feeling like a fish out of water (except for the whole drowning in sweat thing). I couldn't keep my hands or punches figured out and would have to stop, regroup and go again a number of times to keep the combinations correct.

I did an hour workout on the bike last night after we had done legs in the morning. That wasn't the best idea I've ever had... I woke up with serious muscle and ligament soreness that lingered pretty much all day. One thing I've been struggling with is getting proper amounts of sleep. Essentially I've shortened my sleep window by almost 2 hours and that hasn't been getting tacked on as an earlier bedtime. I find it difficult getting to bed by 10 so I'm down to 6ish hours of sleep per night which isn't really doing me a lot of good for recovery and building. I need to figure out a better way to get that closer to 7.

I also started inputting my foods and exercise into myfitnesspal.com in hopes I can maintain my goals for the 10 week session. I don't know if I ever really put that out there, but I'd like to drop 5-7% in body fat and honestly try to get a more "cut" physique just because I've never been that lean and I think it would be cool at 40 to finally get there. Weight wise, I will probably drop a few pounds just due to the fat loss, but I could maintain and be perfectly happy since I was already about as light as I want to be for bike racing.

The biggest takeaway I'm getting from the first few days of food tracking is that I've got no issue with hitting a calorie deficit, but maintaining protein levels and trying to keep fat grams under control is a pain.


This was my day 9 breakfast and while it looks healthy to me, there's a helluva fat punch in there between the avocado and peanut butter. Time to do a bit more research on what I'm putting in my mouth. ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 10, upper body- do you even curl bro?!