Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 13, kickboxing and now we add the switch kick. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the switch kick is what they were trying to teach us last class, but never told us 10 weekers it was a new move. It would certainly explain my frustration with it because even today when they actually tried to teach us, I was about as lost as it gets. I ended up sharing a bag with the instructor from Saturday's class and he did a good job of trying to help me avoid randomly flailing about as I am wont to do. However, even he didn't seem to be quite the match to my woefully inadequate ability to make my body move in certain ways.

By the end of the class, I seemingly had the very most basic grasp of what the move was to be, but I was still hurting my foot again in class today. I ended up soft punching at the end of class because my arms were basically jello by this point. I'm also not entirely sure my newbishness wasn't frustrating my counterpart on the other side of the bag as he'd randomly head over to other members bags and take a few minutes there before coming back. I was too absorbed in my own shortcomings to see if he was going over to help encourage their proper form as well or just taking a break from my flailings moving the bag in unpredictable ways.

Ahh well, another day, another pool of sweat. I finally bought a yoga sweat towel while we were out this weekend so it was nice to towel off a few times during the workout. I think I'm going to give my wife's headband a shot as I'm still fighting sweat dripping into my eyes. I thought about using one of my cycling caps, but as hot as I'm already getting, I really don't want to further restrict any heat coming off my head.

Reviewing my food log after a week of solid entries has me focused on redoubling my efforts to up the protein and limit the fat. After talking with a friend who has a coach working on her diet for power lifting, she at least gave me some encouragement on where to focus. My main goals to cut body fat % are going to be getting 1 gram per lean pound of body mass daily (roughly 130) and to shoot for 10% under on my calorie counts. She seems to think those two items regardless of the fat/carb mix rounding out the rest of the caloric intake will be enough to shed my goal percentages in the remaining 8 weeks especially given that I've cut out the beer. I'm hoping she's right. I'll give this a good run to week 5 and see how things are shaping up. I've been averaging a total of 7.75 hours per week these first two weeks with my added runs and biking. I'm hoping to get that up to 8-9 per week as I go on and get further into a routine. 9 hours would put my split half FXB and half added work. If that doesn't get some results, I'm not sure what will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 10, upper body- do you even curl bro?!