Day 8- back to legs

Day 8- woohoo, back to something I can at least pretend to be good at. Well, at least until it comes to the standing hip flexion thingy. Lets see, hold a medicine ball in one hand, arm out, and pivot on your hip raising your foot behind you and use your glute/hamstring to lift yourself back to vertical. Oh shit, talk about a balance killer. My poor coach... She saw me struggling and suggested I try using the figure 8 instead of the medicine ball. Oops, that just made it worse now that I'm actively pulling up on my planted foot at the top making me even more unsteady. Ahh well, I just need to activate all those small balance muscles to help keep me on my feet. Just another step in the line of getting fitter overall.

Prior to class we planked for 1:40 and I stayed after a bit to do a few side planks and lower back extensions to balance out the ab work we did. Shooting to hit 60 minutes on the bike trainer tonight. It'll be interesting to see how the legs feel. I currently imagine it won't be great... I also signed up for a myfitnesspal account yesterday so I can keep a more accurate track of my macro-nutrients. I have this suspicion that I'm consuming a fair bit more fat than I should. Yesterday showed me 12 grams over on fat while I was pretty decent with most everything else. Small steps.

I also did my weekly weigh in this morning. Being a cyclist, I track my weight pretty much daily, but I only take my actual recorded weight/fat/water once a week using our nifty scale. 149.6/61.9/15.2 were the stats this week. Tuesday just happens to be my day because I used to have Monday's off from my riding workouts as a recovery day so I'd take it on Tuesday after a full day off figuring that would reset me for the week. I also do it first thing in the morning after I get out of bed and use the restroom so I can set a consistent tracking method for the water and fat percentages. They may not be as accurate for a true gauge as other measuring devices, but I've found/researched that they're at least accurate in watching your trends to see if your gaining or losing percentages in relation to weight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 9, we add a new punch