Day 5, kickin' it again

Day 5, back to kickboxing. Yeesh, I think I might be getting worse instead of better in my coordination. We added hooks to our jabs and crosses today. When I got it right, they felt good though. Man, I didn't think I could sweat much more than previous days, but according to my coach, I left some "level 10" on the floor around me. Ya think?! Phew, literally soaked from head to toe when I was done.

My roundhouse kicks really suck. My balance and kick coordination definitely are hindering me. My coach has helped me a couple times trying to get that right form and snap, but man, my kicks aren't anything like what she can snap the bag at. Strong legs do not equal strong kicks. The ability to carve corners on a bike don't equal the ability to stay upright pivoting on one leg. Learning just how limited my actual fitness is comparative to other dynamic movement needs. Mostly a one trick pony I guess.

Today was the day everything started hurting. I woke up and was in a total fog even through class. Between the run and leg day, everything lower body pretty much hurt. My ass even hurt to sit down. WTH? I loosened up a bit in class and made it through, but man, it's going to be another hot tub night if I get time.

I feel pretty solid about my meals this week. I've really been trying to take to heart eating as cleanly as possible and getting the mix of protein, carbs, and veggies that they've recommended. Example would be my breakfast this morning:




Egg over easy cooked in coconut oil, whole wheat toast with coconut oil and peanut butter and half an avocado. Really, the hardest part this week has been passing up the usual 1-2 beers per night that I typically have. Case in point, my boss poured me half a beer at work the other day and I waited until the coast was clear to pour it out. :( Definitely a tough one for me, but I'm trying pretty hard to stick to giving this whole thing a serious run.


Pour one out for your homies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 9, we add a new punch