Day 3, kickboxing again!

Day 3, time for another round of kickboxing. After the ridiculousness of basically forgetting any semblance of coordination on day 1, I was hoping to at least get a little better job done of keeping the order of my punches and kicks straight today. Ya, that didn't happen.

I felt slightly less like a fish out of water, but sure enough, maybe a 1/3 of the way into the class I was back to trying to figure out which hand was which and why I couldn't seem to connect what I was doing with what the instructor was telling us.

On the plus side, I can flail my body around well enough to drive my cardio up to a very high sweat level. Good thing they provide a mop and spray for after class. I have a feeling I'm going to be needing it 3 days a week. Another solid workout and thus far, I haven't been dragging too much butt in the mornings and seem to have found a decent groove.

I added a bike ride in tonight to make sure I didn't lose all my cycling fitness. For as little as it carries over into strength for other activities, the same can be said for other workouts carrying over directly to cycling fitness. 45 minutes ripping through the woods was a nice change from the paved trail I've been hitting mostly as of late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 9, we add a new punch