Day 12- legs!

Day 12, ok so its no secret I like leg day probably the most of any. I'm not sure why everyone else likes to pretend leg day is so terrible, but its a good burn for me. I banded up a couple of colors now that I'm getting the hang of most of the exercises and can work towards actual muscle failure on some of the sets. We added iso's today where we hold the bands at various levels of tension for a static 8 count. Man, that brings on some new found burn. The instructor today was pretty funny making jokes about the burn and getting us through the session a bit easier overall. My abs definitely felt like they took a beating today.

I went for a 30 minute run on the treadmill when I got home since it was raining out and it didn't look like there was going to be much opportunity to get out for anything else. Talk about a sweat storm since I forgot to turn on the fan before I started. You could literally wring the sweat out of my shirt when I got done.

We had a friend's wedding reception tonight and my mom took the kids for the night as well so my wife and I went out for dinner. I actually saved back some calories so I could eat a bit more openly for dinner and not worry about going over. Actually, given my extra biking and running, I don't really worry too much about going over my calorie counts. As I expressed in my last post though, the nutrients making up those calories are a different story. In any case, I had 1 beer at the brew pub and then we went out for sushi splitting a couple rolls, a salad, and a soup. Bam, sodium overload almost to the point of double my target for the day. Grrrr.

As long as we went off the rails though, we decided after some shopping that maybe splitting something small for dessert would be in order. I'd post a picture of it, but the caramel apple Hurt's Donut we split didn't survive long enough... Heh, it was good, but thinking seriously about it, I'm kind of glad I've got more reason to be good about what I've been eating lately. The last couple of months since my big race finished up, it's really been a free for all of crappy fat and carb loading between sweets and beers. I put on probably 5+ pounds in that short time frame of getting done with my race. Just in the last two weeks of focused eating though, I've managed to drop most of that back off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 10, upper body- do you even curl bro?!