Day 10, upper body- do you even curl bro?!

Day 10- back to my weakest link, upper body. Today we went with both reps and ISO work where we held static poses with the bands at various points for an 8 count. Man, talk about a whole new burn. I maxed myself out on pretty much every exercise to the point it was a difficult drive home. While I don't think anyone is ever really fond of the "burn" I can say I like the after effects. Luckily I'm just lean enough that I can see the various muscle pump already on some of the muscle groups we've been working so its an added motivation.

Something that struck me this morning is back to the discussion my wife and I had about how the challenge becomes nearly all consuming. It honestly feels like my priorities on a daily basis are drink water, eat protein, go to class, and pee. And with the amount of water I've been trying to get (150 oz) I feel like peeing may even be priority #1 (insert dry humor here) most days. Work and family life have unfortunately taken a hit of sorts when it comes to trying to stick as dutifully as I can to the plan.

I've actually been taking part of my lunch time to jot down these journal entries. I'm not sure if or who I'll ever share the link with, but its kind of fun trying to keep my daily thoughts on how things are going. I wonder if the other people in the class are feeling similar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup