0 week- aka what are we working with?

0 week, that time in which we all get to find out where we stand on our stats, what type of basic fitness we possess, and hopefully get an idea of where we want to go. All in all, I wasn't too displeased with my basic body stats: 157.4 lbs and 17.6% body fat. Everything was basically middle of the road for being in "normal" range per the analysis. Since we had a few extra minutes while we were all waiting to do our before pictures, a few of us also knocked out our sit and reach tests. Given that flexibility and range of motion isn't exactly one of my strong suits, I felt ok starting with 19 1/4.

While I know FXB isn't about weight loss and they say to toss the scales, my cycling most definitely has a weight component to it in that the more you weigh, the more you have to push up the hills. That's why you see bike racers that are super skinny and have no upper body mass. They don't need it and whatever extra weight they carry just slows them down. So, ideally, I'd like to drop about 5-7 lbs off and at the same time decrease my body fat into the 10-12% range. OK, so maybe just maybe I want to see if I can get that layer of beer flab off my belly and see some abs...

Well, that wasn't too harsh of a start, but come Saturday we'd have our mile run and minute of push-ups and sit-ups as well as our step test. Saturday rolled around and I was feeling a bit beat up from running a couple days earlier, but I wanted to make sure I still put out a solid effort. We actually started off with getting introduced to our coaches and then moving into some basic stretching and warming up, plus our step test (just a basic test for cardio health) so we weren't going into the run cold. I managed a 7:30 mile and felt pretty good about it (at least my cardio fitness is good for something). I'm going to try to keep up some running during this whole shindig and really knock down my mile time by the end. One of the coaches jokingly said I should be able to knock 2 minutes off by the end. OOOF, that's going to be a tough ask, but hey, why not put a stretch of a goal out there.

After that, we headed inside for our sit-ups and push-ups. We partnered off and alternately took turns doing each for a minute. 39 push-ups and 40 sit-ups had me going to failure on both before the full minute was up. I'm hoping to push both of those to 60 by the end of the class. I don't know why, but 1 per second for a full minute oddly satisfies that whole obsessive compulsive thing of making tidy little numbers.

Fitness testing done, it was time to get ready for the Monday morning pain train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 9, we add a new punch