Day 7, back to the grind

Day 7, starting off week 2 with another round of kickboxing. Our coach was teaching class this morning and she kicked our butts once again. Thankfully no new punches or kicks today and we instead focused a bit more on speed work and form.

I'm still finding myself lost about every minute or so forgetting what order I'm supposed to be doing stuff in. I did get a little better on my roundhouse today. My hip/waist rotation got a lot better and it felt like I connected with a few good kicks here and there, plus I was starting to get my leg to recoil without just dropping it to the floor.

I shared a bag with a FIT member today and she was very complimentary of my efforts and abilities. She gave me some advice to maybe slow down a bit and reset between punches/kicks because I was outpacing a lot of the class. I'm thinking she probably also was concerned I might keel over from a heart attack considering I had my full sweat going and had to pause about every minute or two to keep from going completely in the red. I managed to get to a max heart rate of 181 by end of class, so I was happy about my effort level.

Before class I joined some of the FIT members who were starting a plank challenge. The goal is 5 minutes by the end of the challenge. We started with 1:30 today and are adding 10 seconds daily. Considering I can hit 2:40 from my core workouts, I'm pretty sure I can get to 3:00 even right now. I'll be excited to see if I can do 5:00 by the end.

Breakfast was pretty solid today after class.

I'm figuring out though that I need to cut back on my fat intakes a bit even if I'm hitting my other goals. I really want to shed some fat over these 10 weeks as I'm hoping I can reach my goal of having abs that show! Ya, shallow goal, but hey, at 40, I think it would be pretty cool to have some abs to show off even for just a photo to look back on.... LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12- legs!

Day 13, another hitch in the giddyup

Day 9, we add a new punch